Saturday, April 3, 2010

Review: Tilt to Live

Since the beggining of the appstore, the developers have been trying to attract the thing everyone enjoys the most out of the capitalist system, money. With that, they've tried millions of different ways to attract customers to buy their products, and that made the appstore market we know today. With that, and the strong competition that there is, the devs started going from complex to more complex stuff, creating fantastic worlds, RPGs and such, but sometimes, a developer manages to cut out of this pattern and do something simple, yet great. That's where Tilt to Live comes in.

I must say, the first time I heard about Tilt to Live, I was skeptic, the name didnt sound like much, and I was (and am) tired of crappy little games that do nothing and prove worthless. Until one day, I ventured into the topic it had at TA. I fell in love immediately, simple concept: survive, simple method: tilt. Result: awesomely addictive gameplay.

What do you do in game? You control an arrow to dodge red dots, and eventually get a powerup to kill those dots in order to create a combo and score millions of points. Simple, right? But it is sooo well done, the humor in it, the way you unlock the powerups (which is by getting achievements, first time I've seen achievements actually be worth something more than the bragging rights), the colors, the music, it all blends so well it is really hard to stop playing this.

Do I recommend this? Yes, a lot too. For me this is better than most other "lets waste 5 minutes" games like Canabalt, and a lot cheaper too. For 1.99, you get a game I've been playing for a long time now.

No comments:

Post a Comment